Find the latest free iPod touch apps in the App Store.

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2

- for free iPod touch apps Jailbreak

iTunes Trojan horse Small.BOG virus

Posted by iPod Touch | Posted in , , , , | Posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009

I just downloaded iTunes 8.2.1 on my Windows 7 PC. I scanned my PC with AVG and AVG detected a Trojan horse Small.BOG virus. Of course, Apple is smart enough not to distribute files with viruses on their servers, and AVG has given me false alerts in the past. Has anyone else here experienced this error? Post it here in the comments. Please post the operating system you're using as well.

Don't be scared to use iTunes 8.2.1. I've double-checked with another anti-virus program and it appears to be safe. If it had a virus Apple wouldn't be distributing it on their site. To be safe, make sure you only download iTunes from Apple.com and no other site.

Solution:

Update your definition file for AVG (they recently released one)


Thanks yellowsn0w for the tip!

[via yellowsn0w]

Comments (2)

Yep just found 160 infections, all from iTunes with AVG. I uninstalled iTunes to be on the safe side, so are you sure its all ok and safe to use?

@msaa9993: yes, it is perfectly safe to use.