Posted by iPod Touch | Posted in email ipod touch , gmail , hotmail , how to add email iphone , iphone email | Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Google has just made a guide on how to add GMail to your iPhone. Just follow the simple steps below and learn how.
Adding Gmail to the iPhone/iPod Touch
If you want Gmail on your iphone, you'll first need to change your Gmail settings to IMAP. DO NOT press the Gmail button in the iPhone because this selects POP instead of IMAP. Read the steps below to enable Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail, go to "My Account" and change the forwarding settings to IMAP.
- On your iPhone/Touch hit Settings.
- Hit Mail.
- Hit Add Account.
- Hit Other.
- The IMAP tab should be highlighted
- Enter the Host Name imap.gmail.com
- Input your Gmail address with the @gmail.com
- For Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), put the host name smtp.gmail.com
- Hit Save.