Find the latest free iPod touch apps in the App Store.

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2

- for free iPod touch apps Jailbreak

How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 1.1.2 [GUIDE]

Posted by iPod Touch | Posted in , , | Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007

The jailbreak for the iPod Touch has finally been released by the iPhone/iTouch Dev Team, yay! Below is a guide on how you can jailbreak your iPod Touch 1.1.2.

1. In your iPod Touch 1.1.1, open up the Installer App. Go to Tweaks > Oktoprep. Install this software and reboot your iPod Touch.
2. Download the 1.1.2 firmware for iPod Touch.
3. Launch iTunes on your computer, shift-click Check for Update, and choose the 1.1.2 firmware file you downloaded.
4. Wait for your iPod Touch to be upgraded to 1.1.2.
5. Download the iPod Touch 1.1.2 jailbreak from Conceited Software's page at http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
6. Extract the jailbreak files.
7. Click windows.bat and launch it.
8. Check the ssh option and change the alpine password to the password you want. The rest is automated!

Voila, your iPod Touch 1.1.2 has now been jailbreaked! :)

Check the free iPod Touch jailbreak guide for an easier guide that can also be mailed to your friends.

Comments (9)

Just to let everyone know it works a treat. Everything worked perfectly and I recommend everyone does the upgrade. Can add calendar entries now as well. really good :D

Sam

Does this work on an itouch v1.1.2 that wasn't hacked when it was v1.1.1

I tried this on my 1.1.2 touch and got an error (5) when I started the restore of 1.1.1. What did I do wrong?

how am i going to bring the original factory settings?.. or remove the "jailbreak thing" in my itouch?.. thank you..

I have a problem.. wiith 1.1.2 Jailbreaking

After instal the Oktoprep program and upgrade to 1.1.2.. the Installer simply disappears from my touch screen... and when I try to jailbreak to 1.1.2 the Oktoprep program doesn't work, how can I reboot the iPod touch.. sorry for so many questions..

Hello Nagiants,

1. Downgrade back to iPod Touch 1.1.1 through iTunes by clicking shift + restore in iTunes, and select the 1.1.1 firmware file.
2. Go to http://www.jailbreak.tk to jailbreak your iPod Touch 1.1.1.
3. Go to Installer >> Tweaks (1.1.1) >>> and select OktoPrep and click Install.
4. Follow steps 2 to 8 of my tutorial at http://www.freeappleipodtouch.com/2007/11/how-to-jailbreak-ipod-touch-112-guide.html

It should work. I had to do it more than once too because OktoPrep didn't really install the first time. Try again and see if it works for you.

I just tried to update my touch with 1.1.2 jailbreak (after downgrading from 1.1.3). After doing the step of running jailbreak.jar on OSX, when the ipod came back up, it was in full restore mode. I found online that you can't do the 1.1.2 jailbreak if you are running iTunes 4.6+. So I'm trying to find iTunes 4.5 and redo it on my PC.

i would love it if the fucking link was on the page

how can we download the ipod touch 1.1.2 jailbreak? because the link on the guide doesnt have that thing. HELP!! i really need to jailbreak my ipod touch. its boring!